~post exchange center for postcards, stamps, collectible envelopes, letters and stickers~

July 24, 2010

The Royal Engagement

 Sent by Carol Ann Hewer, a long long time friend.

Did they live happily ever after? Are Fairy Tales found only inside the pages of your fairy books?



In my pure innocent mind, I really did not think royalties exist. I thought indeed they are just products or figments of imagination that I read in the book as a young school girl about a sob story of a young maiden among the cinder meeting a prince in the wood, where the prince charmed the cinder girl, fell in love with her, and they got married and lived happily ever after. Sadly, not in the case of Princess Diana.

Then one day, I worked for a Brit boss, whose wife and I regularly indulged in letter exchange that started off as "office correspondence" to personal communication. Part of that communication was her constant spoiling by sending me lots of good and nice stuff from England.

So one day, I received these postcards inside the parcel from her: The Engagement of Prince Charles to Lady Di. Boy! Wasn't I over the moon?

Today, Carol and I, extended that letter exchange through Facebook.

Cheers!

Leah