~post exchange center for postcards, stamps, collectible envelopes, letters and stickers~

January 31, 2012

GB - 291931 The Heart of Robin Hood

Sent by Chas of Belper, Derbyshire, UK

Yes, Chas, this postcard is interesting because it brings both good and bad memory of my English Literature Class in my high school days, particularly in my Fourth Year. At that time, I could not grasp any of my understanding of the languid and absurdity of old English and I was always in trouble with my English teacher. She pestered us to paraphrase William Shakespeare's works and none of my work passed her standard. Nevertheless, I passed! haha.

My girls love Shakespeare and it was them who made me appreciate his works. At least, the modern editions allow us now to understand English English language much better than it was many years before.

Thank you for pre-loading this for me as I have no scanner. However, a lady from Finland taught me how to do it by taking a picture of the postcard in lieu of the scanner. It works!